The Department exists in order to develop instruments for assessing appropriate knowledge required by the Public Service Commission for recruitment and selection. Its main activities include:-
- Developing competency profile on all jobs in the Public Service.
- Administering written examinations, psychometric tests for officers at the Centre, Districts and other organizations.
- Developing Selection Instruments.
- Developing manuals and guidelines for selection and recruitment.
Fill out questionnaires for the Public Service Commission Survey
- Questionnaire for Officers appointed by the PSC between 2013-2017 (Supervisees)
- Questionnaire for Supervisors (For supervisors of Officers filling Questionnaire 1 above)
- Perception Study of Selection Methods (All Staff)